Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waffles Unite

Posted by CupCake Earthquake at 7:33 AM
Recently I had someone who reads the blog ask me a few questions and one of them was by far my favorite! She asked about my inspirations for weight loss, some running related questions and than asked me to tell her about my support system; mainly my best friend. 

I am a lucky girl because I have a handful of people in my life I consider some of the most amazing sources of support, love and growth and they have been there for me through many events that were less than amazing in my life. I have two women in my life who I have known all through my pregnancy, and beyond and have been my rocks through some tough times. They are amazing ladies that is for sure. 

When I wrote this reader back I was having a hard time writing to her without being all gushy and earthy saying the universe put us together... Blah blah but I do feel that was part of the equation. 

My bestie (yes we are 7) and I talk, commiserate, and support each other daily. Currently we live 1853 miles apart but I know she is a phone call, email or text away. She has been since the moment we became friends. 

I met E when I was working in Chicago and living away from my family; I would work Monday through Friday and drive home to MI every weekend to see B and E and than turn around again on Sunday and drive all the way back.  The schedule was hell, the job was less than amazing but I had her there to encourage me and support what I was going through 100% of the time. 

She has been there for me in times where I didn't want to be there for myself and has graciously kicked my ass, set me down the right path and corrected any ridiculousness that I may be thinking or acting on without even thinking twice. She has also supported me, been the most amazingly adorable and wonderful cheerleader for my successes and she allows me to be the best person I can be on a daily basis. 

The thing I love about her the most is that on any given day both of our issues, struggling points, and or joys are shared equally. This has never been a one sided friendship and or relationship. We may not have the same opinion on every thing but we do come to a middle ground and understand that regardless of the other person's feelings or view they are 100% valid!  

I love that she is in love and that she has a partner that supports her 100% and he always has her back, she is brilliantly witty, drop dead beautiful and stronger than most people I know. 

We are wonder twin waffles (you wouldn't want to know and probably would not understand.) and I am a lucky lady to have her in my life. 

Outside of your partner or significant other do you have a best friend? How long have you known this person and what makes you tick as BFF's?

5 comments:

suffocatedbliss on October 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM said...

I love reading stories of love and soul mates. And although this one doesn't involve romantic love, it sounds like one of those stores. - I just found your blog through Militant Baker and I'm loving it. Inspiring all around.

- tianna :)

CupCake Earthquake on October 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM said...

Tianna!! Thank you for joining us here :)

luckygirl on October 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM said...

my bff and I have been bffs since 7th grade- we are now 37! we met on the school bus and she moved away to California right after 8th grade. I am east coast - she is west coast - but we've managed to see eachother at least once a year since she moved away and shared so many good times and bad times through high school, college, boyfriends, weddings, babies, etc. She's the girl that when I called to tell her I had breast cancer - she says - come on - you hated those boobs anyway!!! and reminds you that it's going to be ok. She's the one that when you call freaking out that you don't know what to do with a baby boy - she says - can you imagine having a girl to braid hair on a girl or do ponytails??? - you'd suck! And it makes it ALL OK because it's coming from her and she's totally right ;) - I did hate the old boobs and I would never know what to do with girl stuff!

Birdie on October 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM said...

Found your blog through GOMI (where I enjoy your comments) and wanted to chime in. I have a BFF, a woman my ripe age (late 40's), who I met about 8 years ago when I started a regional arts and entertainment newspaper. My paper went belly-up a few years later, but I kept the friendship. We have similar single-mom-forever lifestyles, love living in New Mexico, both enjoy writing, thinking, art films, talking endlessly about our kids. Life is good when you have a real friend. :)

CupCake Earthquake on October 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM said...

Lucky ~ Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. If you ever need an ear from a sister with cancer please let me know. I am only an email away. I am so glad that your BFF has supported you at every step I have to say it makes things so much more livable and doable. Many hugs.

Birdie~!!!! I feel honored (for now) LOL to have a fellow GOMI cat lady here :) I hope I never wind up on GOMI I will say my spelling and grammar sucks so it's most likely that I will Ha.

I love that your BFF came later in your life, I can relate to that aspect so much. I think when we find ourselves wandering a bit in the life the people that step in at that time make the most amazing impact.

Thank you both for your stories I feel honored to hear about your BFFs. Maybe we should do some guest posts about our lives and what led our friends down our path!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a lovely comment!! I am so glad you stopped by!

 

Cupcake Earthquake Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos