Friday, December 7, 2012

Holiday Spirit

Posted by CupCake Earthquake at 10:50 AM
As the years go by I find it more and more daunting to get into the holiday spirit. I have lived a lot of places and the years I have spent in warmer states away from friends, family and loved ones as well as the SNOW I long for a real holiday. 

With E in the mix and her excitement it makes things a lot more tolerable. That is for sure. However I remember the days of having Christmas Eve at my Grandmother's house, cooking, playing monopoly and hearing all of the chatter from the typically loud Italian family; those were the days I will tell you that. 

We are making our own traditions with E and it helps knowing our family is only a drive or an airplane ride away but getting in the spirit becomes VERY difficult while wearing flip flops and shorts to select an overpriced and half dead real tree. What adds fuel to the fire on that front is standing next to a man who worked on a tree farm and is all too familiar with the scents, sounds and awesomeness that can come from a real tree. 

I give you the household Christmas tree. 

Mind you we house a crazy 4yo who dreams in only pink and purple so I am thinking we nailed it! 


1 comments:

Live.Love.Random. on December 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM said...

It's cute and I think you nailed it :)

Xo,
Eeka

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a lovely comment!! I am so glad you stopped by!

 

Cupcake Earthquake Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos